IoT6 stands for “Universal Integration of the Internet of Things through an IPv6-based Service Oriented Architecture enabling heterogeneous components interoperability”. IoT6 is a 3 years FP7 European research project coordinated by Mandat International from October 2011 until September 2014.
Aims and objectives
- Research the potential of IPv6 and related standards to support the future Internet of Things and to overcome its current fragmentation.
- Develop a highly scalable IPv6-based Service-Oriented Architecture to achieve interoperability, mobility, cloud computing integration and intelligence distribution among heterogeneous smart things components, applications and services.
- Explore innovative forms of interactions with:
a) Multi-protocol integration & interoperability with heterogeneous devices.
b) Mobile & cellular networks.
c) Cloud computing services (SaaS).
d) RFID tags and related systems, such as EPCIS.
e) Information and intelligence distribution.
- Recommendations on IPv6 features exploitation for the Internet of Things
- An open and well-defined IPv6-based Service Oriented Architecture enabling interoperability, mobility, cloud computing and intelligence distribution among heterogeneous smart things components, applications and services,- including with business processes management tools.
- Test & validation.